Position: Java Developer

Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Length: long term contract.

Interview process: *Face to Face will be needed,* so Candidates must be
able to drive, or fly in on their own dime.

. –depending on years of experience.

Notes:

Taking 7 mainframe apps and putting them in to 1 large Java application.
They’ve been coding on this already for a year, and anticipate continuing
to develop it until May ’13.  The application handles Group Benefits for
them and has lots of tabbing, functions, etc.

6 Senior FTE Java Developers on the team.  Need this resource to be senior
level and confident in his/her abilities.

Development Methodology: Waterfall (Builds every 6 months)

Must Have’s:

Core Java

Struts 2.0 (Just having Struts 1x will not suffice at all)

HTML

JSP

Either RAD7 or Eclipse

SQL/RDBMS (SQL/DB2 preferred)

Pluses:

Jquery

Freemarker

Mybatis

Webservices (could be useful towards the latter part of the project).

*Candidates DO NOT have to be local just to Birmingham, will consider out
of town candidates so long as they do need to fly in.

**Also, will move straight to a F2F if we really like the candidate and
they tech out well.

Tech screen topics:

Core Java

Struts (I believe the default questions in our screening site are just for
Struts in general…would want to have the screener ask a question or two to
make sure they truly have Struts 2.0 experience)

HTML

JSP

SQL/RDBMS