  From: Yanto
  To: ITCENTER@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [ITCENTER] 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "ExtremeOxigen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: <ITCENTER@yahoogroups.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 4:02 PM
  Subject: [ITCENTER] 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

  > Dear Rekan-rekan,
  > Saya punya masalah kalau masuk ke dos prompt,padahal pagi
  > tadi masih OK.
  >
  > Kalau saya mau membuka edit.exe (text editor) atau program apa
  > saja yang berbasis dos prompt selalu muncul kotak warning sebagai
  > berikut :
  >
  > 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
  > command prompt - edit
  > c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for
  > running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close;
  > to terminate the application.
  > ada tombol pilihan close dan ignore.
  >
  > OS yang saya pakai : WinXP service pack 2
  > saya coba mencari c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt , tapi tidak ketemu.
  >
  > Mohon pencerahannya,kalau ada rekan yang pernah mengalami hal serupa.
  >
  > Salam,
  > Yonson

  Coba buat file autoexec.net (menggunakan notepad saja), dan copy paste kan
  informasi di bawah ini. Save file autoexec.net tadi di folder
  c:\windows\system32 dan coba menjalankan program "dos" lagi, apa masih ada
  error seperti di atas?
  Isi file autoexec.nt ini diambil dari file yang ada di Windows XP komputer
  saya.
  Maaf kalau belum banyak membantu.

  Budhi S.

  ======================
  @echo off

  REM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.
  REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless a
  REM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.

  REM Install CD ROM extensions
  lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

  REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
  lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

  REM Install DPMI support
  lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

  REM The following line enables Sound Blaster 2.0 support on NTVDM.
  REM The command for setting the BLASTER environment is as follows:
  REM    SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330
  REM    where:
  REM        A    specifies the sound blaster's base I/O port
  REM        I    specifies the interrupt request line
  REM        D    specifies the 8-bit DMA channel
  REM        P    specifies the MPU-401 base I/O port
  REM        T    specifies the type of sound blaster card
  REM                 1 - Sound Blaster 1.5
  REM                 2 - Sound Blaster Pro I
  REM                 3 - Sound Blaster 2.0
  REM                 4 - Sound Blaster Pro II
  REM                 6 - SOund Blaster 16/AWE 32/32/64
  REM
  REM    The default value is A220 I5 D1 T3 and P330.  If any of the switches
  is
  REM    left unspecified, the default value will be used. (NOTE, since all
  the
  REM    ports are virtualized, the information provided here does not have to
  REM    match the real hardware setting.)  NTVDM supports Sound Blaster 2.0
  only.
  REM    The T switch must be set to 3, if specified.
  SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

  REM To disable the sound blaster 2.0 support on NTVDM, specify an invalid
  REM SB base I/O port address.  For example:
  REM    SET BLASTER=A0

  --
  www.ITCENTER.or.id - Komunitas Teknologi Informasi Indonesia
  Info, Gabung, Keluar, Mode Kirim : [EMAIL PROTECTED]