<http://www.betanews.com/slideshow/Google_Talk/55>It's official. Google late
Tuesday released a beta of its highly anticipated Google
Talk<http://www.google.com/talk/> instant
messaging<http://www.betanews.com/article/print/Google_Talk_Beta_Publicly_Launches/1124856261#>client.
Much like the search giant's Web site, the software sports a
straightforward no-frills user interface free of the clutter and advertising
that bog down other IM clients.
Weighing in at only 900kb, Google
Talk<http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Google_Talk/1124848055/1>is
a much smaller download than other popular IM services, including AIM,
MSN, and Yahoo. However, for the time being its feature list is quite
sparse.
  Anyone with a Gmail <http://gmail.google.com/> account can log into the
service, and the client will pre-load a user's address book into the contact
list. Users have the option of inviting friends not on the Gmail service by
clicking the "add friend" link - Google will then send an invitation to open
a Gmail account.

Frequently e-mailed contacts will appear at the top of the Google Talk list
by default.

As
expected<http://www.betanews.com/article/Google_Preparing_to_Launch_IM_Service/1124812170>,
Google Talk is based on the Jabber <http://www.jabber.org/> protocol,
meaning users will have several other options to access the service
including Adium and iChat for OS X, Trillian for Windows, and GAIM and Psi
for either platform as well as Linux.

Google preemptively responded to privacy concerns, stating it will not log
the contents of any chat or voice conversation. "As with all major IM
services, Google Talk will collect certain log information created in the
course of a conversation. This information is for Google's internal use
only, to maintain statistics on usage and to improve our service and the
user experience."

However, the company did warn that the beta version of Google Talk does not
have any type of encryption. "We plan to fully support encryption of chats
and calls before our official release," Google says.

Google also said it remains committed to open standards and choice, and
hopes to give the client the capability to connect to other messaging
services regardless of provider.

"We believe that you should have a choice in how you communicate with your
friends, that you shouldn't have to use one service because that's where you
keep your contacts and other information."

Future additions to Google Talk will include support for the SIP protocol
used in VoIP communications, which would allow the client to directly
contact phones based on the technology. Google said it was aligning with
Earthlink and Sipphone <http://www.gizmoproject.com/> to make these features
possible, but provided no timetable for planned availability.

While the client is only available for Windows XP, 2000 and Windows Server
2003<http://www.betanews.com/article/print/Google_Talk_Beta_Publicly_Launches/1124856261#>at
this time, Google said it would explore providing support for Mac OS X
and Linux.

Google Talk is available for download via
FileForum<http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Google_Talk/1124848055/1>.
Tell us what you think!

Download : http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Google_Talk/1124848055/1

Info, Gabung, Keluar, Mode Kirim : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
::: Hapus bagian yang tidak perlu (footer, dst) saat reply! :::
## Jobs: itcenter.or.id/jobs ## Bursa: itcenter.or.id/bursa ##
$$ Iklan/promosi : www.itcenter.or.id/sponsorship $$