iText doesn't build linearized documents. The only libraries that I know of
that build linearized document is SPDF from www.appligent.com and the
library from Adobe. Prices start at $100000.00. The usual way to do
linearization is to generate the pdf with your favorite tool and then
linearize it with another specific tool. Search www.pdfzone.com for
pointers.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares