Quoting Parag Chatterjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> I am opening a pdf document from a servlet using the following code.
> But the file does not open directly.It comes with a (open with...) option
> where I have to select the pdf format to open the pdf document.
> My actual requirement is to open the file directly by a single click on a
> hyperlink on the browser and don't want (open with..)option.
>
> Can anybody please suggest me how I can achieve this.
> my code is below:

Nothing in your servlet code will be able to configure this.
It's a clientside issue. All your clients will have to configure
their browser, so that files with the followingcontenttype:

                res.setContentType("aplication/pdf");

Are opened directly with Acrobat Reader. Depending on the browser,
they will have the option to have a confirmation prompt before opening
Acrobat and/or they will be able to chose if the doc has to be opened
in the browser (with a plugin) or outside the browser (for instance in
an instance of Acrobat Reader).

For obvious security reasons you cannot perform this configuration
from a server.

Bruno