You can do it in two ways:

- using itext-0.96 import the pages to a new document and write the new
text/images on top of it. Only the content of the original document is
written, links and bookmarks are lost. See in my site DumpFields.java and
FillBlanks.java.

- using itext-paulo-108 write directly on top of the original document. All
the interactive features are preserved. See the example stamped.java.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares