ugly font display when using the paint method for PDF writing

Instead of using the Document.add(..) mechanism I'd like to write into a PDF
file with the help of the paint() method. The paint method is called with a
javax.swing.text.JTextComponent Object (called tComponent). Here is my code
to write the PDF file:

// Create a iText Document for writing
com.lowagie.text.Document document = new com.lowagie.text.Document();
// Create a PdfWriter
PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document,new
FileOutputStream("my.pdf));
// Open the document
document.open();
// To map the awt fonts with pdf fonts I need a mapper
DefaultFontMapper fm = new DefaultFontMapper();
// Set the c:\windows\fonts path for example
fm.insertDirectory(sun.awt.font.NativeFontWrapper.getFontPath(true));

int w = 500; int h = 764; int x = 50; int y = 1;

PdfContentByte cb = writer.getDirectContent();
// Get a PdfTemplate
PdfTemplate tp = cb.createTemplate(w, h);
tp.setWidth(w); tp.setHeight(h);
// Get a Graphics2D context
Graphics2D g2 = cb.createGraphics(w, h, fm);

// Paint the components into Graphics2D
tComponent.paint(g2);

// Finish the PDF-Document
g2.dispose();
cb.addTemplate(tp,x,y);

// Close the document
document.close();

My JTextComponent contains text and objects of a class that has got its own
paint method to display Strings:

String text;
public void paint(Graphics g) {
        Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D) g;
        g2d.setFont(font);

        Object antiAlias = g2d.getRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING);

g2d.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING,RenderingHints.VALUE_AN
TIALIAS_ON );

        g2d.drawString(text,8,22);
}

And here is my problem: the text directly written from JTextComponent into
the PDF file looks fine, but the Strings written from the second class looks
ugly like a bitmap.

Can someone help me? Alexander