There's no need to complicate. iText receives the characters in the Arabic form and
transforms it in the presentation form with all the ligatures, reordering, number
conversion (if asked too). You must use ColumnText or PdfPTable for that to work and
set the direction to RTL. See the example I previously mentioned.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares