I brought in the skipFirstHeader flag some years ago. The idea behind is
to be able to split a large table in to many pieces, regardless of the
size of the page because measuring this size was very slow at that time
- to be honest I haven't tested if this has changed nowadays.

What I actually did was to output n lines of a report list of size m
using a PdfPTable. After printing these n rows, I created a new table
with the same attributes and the same header and started the output of
the new table directly after the previous one. This procedure was
executed until all m rows had been printed.
The problem of this strategy is that the first occurrence of the header
line has to get suppressed because otherwise an extra header line will
show up between the table segments. Thats why I created the
'skipFirstHeader' solution. It suppresses the output of the first header
row to make the table segments look as one big table.

Best regards,
Christian

Christian Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>