Yes, iText can definatly make changes to existing documents.  I have added
fields, moved them around, renamed them and set the /MaxLen property.
Also, using PdfContentByte I have been able to change just about anything
I have wanted.  I just don't understand what you are saying since I can
also look at the code and extend the PDFStamper(which I have also done) to
add which ever low-level access I need.

All that said thank you for the lead on the Javascript side I did not
think about that and I will look into it.  It seems that I might need to
do that to remove the Javascript.  A better question would be what
property in the widget connects it to the JavaScript.

Cheers, Adam

> At 05:14 PM 5/16/2005, A. Gautier wrote:
>>I need to know how to turn off background and hovor colors using itext,
does anyone know how to do that?

>          iText can't modify existing PDF documents.
>
>          Also, that sort of functionality is usually written into the
> JavaScripts of the document.
>

> Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)