I have my program in a jar and have itext in the same directory. I then run it using javaw from an icon on my desktop. On my personal computer my program creates the pdf’s perfectly. I have the full 1.4.2 jdk installed. I tried the exact same setup on several other windows xp machines but the pdf’s always say there was an error opening and that the file is damaged, a few times it said the files wasn’t closed and I noticed I couldn’t delete it. The pdf size is 0 and the pdf is created instantaneously rather than 2-3 seconds like on my machines. I really can’t figure out what’s wrong and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience? I downloaded the 1.4.2 jre and installed in on the other computers, and even tried installing the jdk after that didn’t work. The only difference is that I have netbeans installed on my computer but since I’m compiling from an icon not netbeans that shouldn’t matter.

I’d appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Dominic