multiple passes?

Are you able to make multiple passes through a document without saving it as a pdf document and then re opening it using a the reader?

PageEvents in coldfusion? Coldfusion doesn't support events. I'm not 100% with java but in coldfusion you cant attach a function to an event, I think thats what stops me.. unless I'm missing something.

I've had a bit of a think about it, and I don't think I can do it? maybe if I write a separate java class for each specific use, I could call it and pass it the document and what ever else it needs?

Gareth.

bruno wrote:

Gareth Edwards wrote:

I would like to know if it is possible to write stuff to previous pages in PDF document while generating the report. Kinda need something like

writer.getDirectContent(pagenumber);

I'm aware of stamping a file that has already been created, and templates,

That would be our answer, if it wasn't for:

but I cant use page events to put in the templates because I'm using the itext via coldfusion. (not cfdocument).

Ie. like stamping but without having to read a file.

If it isn't possible to make multiple passes (for instance in memory),
I don't think it's possible. I'm not familiar with the use of itext via
coldfusion. Wouldn't it be possible to implement PageEvents in
ColdFusion?
br,
Bruno