At 10:33 PM 7/25/2005, sreeram ramesh kumar wrote:
The fonts that dont have embedding rights.

If they don't have embedding rights, then they can't be embedded into a PDF ;). So checking the PDF won't do you any good - will it?

        That said, let me note a few things.

First, there are two ways to protect a font from embedding - legally and technically.

The former involves a legal agreement between the parties (aka an End User License Agreement (EULA) or ShrinkWrap Agreement). In this case, there is (obviously) NO WAY to determine that a font's embedding rights were violated - or even exist one way or the other.

The latter is ONLY for TrueType and (some types of) OpenType fonts and involves the setting of a flag inside a table in the font data. Acrobat 4 and all 3rd party PDF tools (that I know of!) respect this flag and won't embed a font with the flag set. It would be possible to extract the embedded font data and see if the flag is set - but I suspect it would be a waste of time. Also, for all the Type 1 fonts out there - no such flag exists.

        All of that said - why do you want to do this?

Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-938-0880 (fax)