At 11:02 AM 7/28/2005, Jeremy Nix wrote:
I'm using Acrobat 6 to audit the space used in the various pieces of both my pdf form template and my stampled pdf document. I'm trying to figure out ways of reducing my stamped file size.

What about using PDF optimization/compression software to do the job for you??

After analyzing the audit information (listed below), I'm having a hard time figuring out where the space for "X Object Forms" came from in the stampled pdf document. Does anyone know of a way to remove the "X Object Forms", or are they required?

        Yes, that's where the flattened form fields go.

Acro Forms 1259 (not sure why so much space here either. I'm setting form flattening to true)

        Probably something that iText doesn't remove when flattening...

Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-938-0880 (fax)