Sorry if this is previously covered, but when I try to search the mailing
list archives I get an error that /search.php can not be found.

I am getting the following error when I try to add a bookmark to an
existing PDF document.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid page
number 1
      at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfCopy.getPageReference(PdfCopy.java:355)
      at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter.getCurrentPage(PdfWriter.java:2060)
      at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfOutline.initOutline(PdfOutline.java:332)

I followed the instructions for both pdfstamper and pdfCopy and I am
getting the same error for both.  Any idea's what the cause could be?  I am
attaching a snippet of my code:

            // we create a reader for a certain document
            PdfReader reader = new PdfReader(input_filePath);

            reader.consolidateNamedDestinations();

            int n = reader.getNumberOfPages();

            List bookmarks = SimpleBookmark.getBookmark(reader);

            BaseFont bf = BaseFont.createFont(BaseFont.HELVETICA,
BaseFont.WINANSI, BaseFont.EMBEDDED);

            if (bookmarks != null) {
                if (pageOffset != 0)
                    SimpleBookmark.shiftPageNumbers(bookmarks, pageOffset,
null);
                master.addAll(bookmarks);
            }//end if

            pageOffset += n;

            document = new Document(reader.getPageSizeWithRotation(1));
            writer = new PdfCopy(document, new FileOutputStream(pdf_file));

            //Modify PDF to use outlines
          writer.setViewerPreferences(PdfWriter.PageModeUseOutlines);

            document.open();

            //Create the content byte
      PdfContentByte cb = writer.getDirectContent();

            //Create template
            PdfTemplate template = cb.createTemplate(25, 25);

            //Add position
            cb.addTemplate(template, 87, 87);

            //Define the destination
            PdfDestination d1 = new PdfDestination(PdfDestination.XYZ, 300,
800, 0);

            //Define the outline
            PdfOutline out1 = new PdfOutline(cb.getRootOutline(), d1, tab);
<---- THIS IS WHERE IT ERRORS OUT

            PdfImportedPage page;

Thank you,

Jyran Glucky
Advisory Programmer
BlueWare, Inc.
Strategic HealthWare Solutions
3060 W. 13th Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
Phone:  (231) 779-0224 ext. 111
Fax: 231-779-1002
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.blueware.net

DID YOU KNOW?
BlueWare is the Grand Prize Winner of the 2005 IBM Beacon Award BEST DB2
(Document Management) Application Worldwide.

BlueWare Market Share for Hospital Document Management Systems is in 25
states in the US.