At 04:11 AM 8/9/2005, Roger Misteli wrote:
Is it possible to have metadata per field and page in a PDF? I would
need this to attach search data to a field, so that I will find the
field AND its position again. This can, naturally change, per page. Is
something like this possible in PDF and using iText?

Sure, though you'll have to use the low level APIs to add it as a custom dictionary key.

Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-938-0880 (fax)