At 05:34 AM 8/18/2005, Lehradt, Maik wrote:
We use iText to fill forms with datase values in existing pdf documents.
The user can upload documents, which are also stored in the database.
The problem is that the resulting documents are sometimes to large
(~200kB) for users without a dial-up internet connection.

        OK...

Possible solutions:
- Reduce the size of the pdf document. Is this possible? We already used
PdfStamper.setFullCompression(), but unfortunately documents created
with this option are not compatible with some older version of Acrobat
Reader?
- Reduce the size of the uploaded document. Since the users are usually
non-technicians, how can they achieve this?

You can do either of these by looking at PDF optimizations solutions such as my company's PDF Enhancer (http://www.apago.com) or PDF Compressor (http://www.cvisiontech.com).

Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-938-0880 (fax)