Simona wrote:

I have to complete my PDF document in a short time, so I think I cannot wait for release 1.3.4.

Release 1.3.4 has just been put online @ SourceForge. I only have to update the lowagie.com site.

Since for iText 1.3 jar you wrote "...The iText jar is compiled with the JDK1.4.
"
I don't make any more 1.3 releases.

I would like to know which is the latest jar that has been compiled with
release 1.3 of java and that can be downloaded from the available list.

I don't know and it is completely irrelevant. It would be against my principles recommand you to use a version older than 1.3.4, because every new version is better than the previous one. With the build.xml file that comes with the source, you can build your own 1.3 distribution in a few seconds.

Of course, this won't help you if you need it in 1 second. But it would surprise me if you're that impatient...
br,
Bruno
br,
Bruno