I have my doubts that a reliable automated system can be made, even
Acrobat has problems with PdfMaker in Word. I also think (I may be
mistaken here) that 99% of the people would be happy with something that
would simply give the right text ordering. My idea is to give a manual
way to tag and a really simple automated way just to be able to retrieve
the text unambiguously and in the right order.

Paulo