Do you want more? Do you want to apply a font to something else than text?

> I have a big table in my document where other tables or cells
> are added.
> Now my question: can i change the default font for the WHOLE DOCUMENT
> somewhere? (The default font is too large in my eyes. Also,

No.

> if i  change
> the pdf viewer to 100%.)
> I want to change the default font because i dont want to use
> hundreds of
> paragraphs to do this, i hope you understand.

You live under the illusion that default fonts would have some special
treatment. They don't. Under the covers it's all converted to Paragraph or
Phrase, there no saving that way. What you can do is NOT create a big table.
See
http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/objects/tables/pdfptable/index.html#memory.