At 01:41 AM 10/20/2005, kapil dhakad wrote:
1. We have to generate N number of documents, so Administrator should have facility to create new templates which will contain static data + dynamic data (from database).

        OK.

        So you need to choose a template format that is flexible enough...

2. When user select particular type of document, from template of document, application merge static data with dynamic data from database. Now these contents should get displayed in WYSIWYG type of editor in a browser.

Then you need to choose a template format for which there is a WYSIWYG editor.

Because bottom line is that, user may want to change/add/delete any part of text before generating PDF. User having those privilege to do it.

OK - good. so you're not using PDF as the template format - only as the final output.

So I would look at either RTF or HTML as your template languages and then any number of "web-based editors" for authoring them and then conversion to PDF.

Leonard

Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-938-0880 (fax)