> I just don't understand the question.

I am sorry to bother you still, but it seems you really did not understand
my central question.
I will try to explain it again in a better way.

> I looked in the archives: you asked something about
> displaying a signature. Again I have no idea why you
> would do this.
[...]
> You posted another question about signatures
> and Paulo answered by referring to an example.

What I am trying to do here is part of a scientific evaluation for a
university project. It also has to do a lot with Austrian law, so I would
not be able to explain the purpose of my work in only a few sentences.
Therefore, please try not to ask "why I want to know more about the tube".
Anyway, we are evaluating different approaches for one and the same problem.
So the other question Paulo answered, was concerning another approach (in
fact the worst case approach).

> If you don't know anything about PDF, that's not how you
> should do it.

I know I probably should not, but there is no other way to examine this one
approach. Unfortunately I have not found any tutorial for PDF source coding
or any other good source of information. And in the official reference I
could not find an answer.

So, I am getting back to the original example, this time step by step.

Imagine there is the following dictionary object:

1 0 obj
<<
/Contents (Blablabla)

endobj

Now I could reference the whole dictionary from another dictionary object
like this:

2 0 obj
<<
/Type /Annot
/Contents 1 0 R

endobj

But instead of referencing the whole dictionary I only want to reference its
Contents entry:

2 0 obj
<<
/Type /Annot
/Contents ???

endobj

And the questions are:
1. Is this possible at all?
2. If possible, what would the line "/Contents ???" look like to do so?

If you understand what I mean and know it, I suppose the answer is really
simple.
I hope this time it was more understandable.

Thanks for your patience,
Stefan