If I'm not wrong, it is easier ( and better ) to make an in-memory copy of the dwg file, make changes to the line properties there, and then print to PDF using iText. That is way better than searching for line properties in a PS or PDF stream. This will also enhance your software structure by allowing your dear customers to ask for more of such functionality, which could be handled in a separate module. You could then leave iText to do the printing. Nice way to keep the developer and clients happy ;-)