Jeff Mogielnicki wrote:

>1) Should I be using the Table object or use PDFpTable and writeSelectedRows()?

It's better to use PdfPTable than Table in your case.
You don't necessarily have to use writeSelectedRows.
You can add a PdfPTable to a document the same way
you add a Table.

>2) Has this behavior been seen before?

That specific behavior: no. Other problems with Table: yes.

Schoolsoft.se is using Table for making complex time tables.
Every row is a time slot. They can't use PdfPTable, because
they need rowspan. The workaround with nested tables would
make their code needlessly complex.
They have tested the new Table code intensively and reported
different problems by sending me small standalone apps that
reproduce the problem. Most of the issues were solved in
iText1.4.1. A less trivial problem was solved afterwards.
The fix is in the CVS.
My first adise would be to upgrade to iText1.4.1 and check
if the problem persists.
br,
Bruno