Bruno Lowagie wrote:

> OK, I tried the problem, and now I understand the question.
> I called it 'font propagation'. Is it a bug or a feature?
> It's in the gray area. I originally wrote it to behave like
> this because there were situations where I wanted this kind
> of behavior; for instance: I create a Phrase using a certain
> font, and then I want every chunk that is added to have the
> same font (so that it doesn't use the default font). It may
> not have been the best design decision, but it was made a
> really long time ago, so if I change it, I will probably
> break some existing implementations...

Some extra info:
I needed this in the context of parsing XML.
For instance: <font face="Comic">test</font>.
When the opening tag is encountered, I create a Phrase,
define a font for the Phrase, and add it to the stack
of objects.
Then the parser discovers the content of the tag, and
adds it to the top object of the stack: the Phrase.
The String gets the font of this object.
When the closing tag is encountered, the object is
removed from the stack and added to the document.
br,
Bruno