Hi

Previously, I asked this question in which my images in the jar file were
not loading when using:

Image.getInstance("images/vblogowhite.gif");

Then Bruno and someone helped me and asked to use classloader, and it worked
(see below) - so thanks

  ClassLoader cl = this.getClass().getClassLoader();

  URL vImgURL = cl.getResource("images/vblogowhite.gif");

  Image verizGif= Image.getInstance(vImgURL);

The problem with the above approach is that we have to package those images
in our jar file, which is not desirable. We want to avoid this (exploded is
not an option either). Our webapp is packaged in separate war and it has to
access the iText pdf report generation code (that also puts images on the
document that is in jar file). The code in jar file is common and can be
called from stand-alone and webapps.

Since number and type of images can change depending upon reports and
customers, we want to load images in UI and pass to iText code (in jar) file
as a File object as a parameter - like a file object and then create image
out of it.

This would have advantage of not jarring the images in the jar file (they
could reside in their place in webapps) as well as allowing users to load
different images for different stuff. I looked at iText api for images and
there is no method like:

Image.getInstance (File file).

A method like Image.getInstance (File fileObject) could prevent all the
above, since UI will load image as file and pass to back-end code the file.

The back-end iText code can either do

Image img = Image.getInstance(File file) and do

Document.add(img)

There is Image.getInstance(String filename) and Image.getInstance(URL url)
in API, but they would require class loader to load the images as well as
packaging them in the jar file

We want to load the images as file from UI and pass to back-end as file
object and then want to use something like

Image.getInstance (File file) to create images.

Kindly tell me if its possible and if there is a sample?

Thanks

arif