I've installed the adobe prof. 8 trial and created a
blank pdf with an attachment. When opening this pdf in
either 7 or 8.0 the "Save" button is enabled. Creating
a similar PDF in itext and the "Save" button is not
enabled - only the "Open" button.

So either this leaves two options :

a) either i have to set additional security
preferences (allow) using itext - but i thought i
allowed everything
b) this is a special feature by adobe prof. and itext
does not support the "Save" button yet...

Any ideas ?