Corwin noname wrote:
How to get highest character to touch the top border of the cell? Is it possible to do that?

I just checked the book and it should be setUseAscender instead
of setAscender. I hope you already found this out yourself.
In any case: reading chapter 6 of the book would have saved
you from having to ask the question. What surprised me reading
your question was that you found setUseDescender, but failed
to find setUseAscender...

Document document = new Document();
PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new FileOutputStream("cellheight.pdf"));
document.open();
PdfPTable myTable = new PdfPTable(1);
PdfPCell cell = new PdfPCell();
cell.addElement(new Chunk("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxuz"));
cell.setPadding(0);
cell.setUseAscender(true);
cell.setUseDescender(true);
myTable.addCell(cell);