So did you enter a username and password into the
"Internet Option" Settings of WinXP ? I suggest
testing it without installing acrobat - furthermore
even if authentication to proxy would be possible -
why does no technote or any help on any adobe page
indicate how it should work ? (i.e. users generally
dont save their passwords and usernames but manually
enter them for security reasons - since there is no
popup box like in a browser asking for username +
password no user will know how to configure a reader
to use this service)

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=10180894&framed=y

http://www.nabble.com/Formular-Submit-from-PDF-only-works-while-