steve poling wrote:
> I started writing some butt-ugly code (in iTextSharp) to explicitly look
> in the PdfReader's Catalog for NAMES then JAVASCRIPT in that then KIDS
> in that then from that PdfArray look at NAMES... I'm hoping there's a
> better way.

I'm sorry, but if you dig into the lower levels of a PDF,
that's how it's done. I'm currently writing a tool that
allows you to get a tree view of the insides of a PDF,
but it's not released yet:
http://itexttoolbox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/itexttoolbox/rups/src/
I planned on adding an extra tab for the names, with some
convenience methods, but my main goal is XFA, Names are
not my priority.
br,
Bruno