> You have a header and a footer. This header and
> footer is the same on every page. You add them
> with a page event and it's a piece of cake to
> find out their dimensions (Y-top and Y-bottom
> are the relevant coordinates).

This is where we had a slight misunderstanding. I am adding some text
at the bottom of each page in a PageEvent, however, I am also using
HeaderFooter object and calling .setFooter() on the Document object.
The output from the HeaderFooter _is_ affected by the Document's
margins, and the MultiColumnText does _not_ seem to be taking into
account the height of the HeaderFooter object when it calculates where
to stop on a page.

--Aaron