Senthil Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to read the text contents present in the PDF file. Is it
> possible to read it (only text content) using iText.

The following FAQ entry already gives you a hint
why your question may very well be unanswerable:
http://itext.ugent.be/library/question.php?id=48

The full explanation can be found in chapter 18 of
the book (more specifically section 18.2.2 titled
"Why iText doesn’t do text extraction").

There are tools such as PDFBox that offer PDF to
text conversion, but due to the nature of PDF
(PDF is intended to be a One-Way-Process, if you
convert txt to PDF, you shouldn't assume you can
convert the PDF back to txt) you may be facing a
problem that can't be solved.

In general a project requirement "convert PDF to
another format" is considered to be a requirement
written by somebody who doesn't know what he or
she is talking about.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA