I have used iText but have a question on which I would very much appreciate
some help.   I would like to create in iText a foreground PDF that is set of
images (some with hyperlinks), for example, a trail map.  I would like to
include in the document a hyperlink to the actual background terrain map PDF
document itself, which would be retrieved by clicking on the hyperlink in
the foreground PDF.  My objective is to pass the foreground PDF with the
trail map to the client browser session allowing the client to dynamically
superimpose the background map into the document so that the foreground
trail map overlays the background map on the client side.

Ideally I would like to have this occur seamlessly in the client browser
session without the user needing to click anything with some embedded code
in the PDF but my first question is how to create the foreground layer that
can pull in the background layer in a client browser session.

Any suggestions very much appreciated?

Thank you very much

Pat