That's what I figured you wanted - but wanted to be sure. Thanks for explaining!

So my recommendation on what you have to do to implement this still applies...

Leonard

On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:00 AM, George Bilalis wrote:

Hi Leonard,
thanks for replying and of course it's my fault to explain better, and not your interpretive power!!!

So let me give a more general idea of what I have to do, and maybe I can get some better ideas how to do it. Think of a light-version of a pdf document pre-flighter (like the one Acrobat has, only a lot lighter). This concerns a quality acceptance test for a offset printshop production workflow. There a lot of files are input for processing and come from a wide variety of outside sources. Accepted work has to be in CMYK plus combination of Spot (mostly Pantone) colors but the rest of color space families in PDF (i.e. DeviceGray, DeviceRGB, CalGray, CalRGB, Lab, Indexed, Pattern) are out of consideration and have to be rejected, leaving us with DeviceCMYK, ICCBased, DeviceN and Separation color spaces.

Input pre-flight for a large number of possible errors is currently done in PitStop Pro and automatic corrective action is taken for contracted work. Non contracted work is rejected and returned to source for correction. This is time consuming and if it's only a minor color problem (like some graphic element left forgotten in a page with the wrong color space - say RGB) this could be rectified by operator intervention. Thus a specific preflight test is planned searching (and collecting) each page, listing all inks (colors) defined for all graphic elements of the page.
The optimum solution is a list of colors used per page.
This for all incoming documents and I believe this can be done.

I hope this time it's more clear
George

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:24:42 +0200
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] How to get a reference by name of all the colors in a page?

I still think what you are trying to do doesn't make sense - but maybe I am getting dense...

If I understand you correctly, you will need to write code that parses the PDF page content stream, as well as iterating colorspace resources and image resources. In addition, these routines will need to be recursive, in order to handle any Form XObjects, Patterns, or Type 3 CharProcs that they encounter.

Leonard