Hi Everybody,

in the moment I am writing an application for a Customer. One functionality is
the option to generate a pdf-file. To do this, I wrote a Controller which
extends the PdfPageEventHelper. the Controller has a print(DataObject toPrint)
method. These PrintMethod prints the Data's given as the parameter "toPrint",
but first of all the toPrint Object is stored in a global variable. Everything
worked fine until I overrids the onPageEnd Method, to generate a Header. The
problem is that the global Variable holding the data to be printed is null,
althought is was set by the call of the print method. Unfortunately, I am not
allowed to send the complete code, but I added a bit pseudoCode to ilustrate
the Problem a bit Better:

public class PdfController extends PdfPageEventHelper
{
   private DataObject data;

   public void print(DataObject toPrint)
   {
      this.data = toPrint;
      Document document = new Document(PageSize.A4, 50, 50, 100, 70);
      PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new
FileOutputStream("HelloWorld.pdf"));
      document.open();
      //do some PDF-Generation Stuff, depending on which kind of data is in
"data"
      document.newPage();
      //do some PDF-Generation Stuff, depending on which kind of data is in
"data"
      document.close();
   }

   public void onEndPage(PdfWriter writer, Document document)
   {
      //setup the header
      PdfPTable table = new PdfPTable(1);
      table.addCell((String)data.getFirstHeaderElement());
      head.addCell(table);
      //do some more stuff..
   }
}

In the Line table.addCell((String)data.getFirstHeaderElement()); in the
onEndPageMethod I get an NullPointerException, during debugging I saw, that
"data" is set directly before the call of "document.newPage();" but in the
"onPageEnd"-Method it is null. Can you tell me what the Problem is, and how to
solve it? Thanks a million

armerIrrer
--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de