Hi all,

We want to sign and add a timestamp to a PDF. We are using itext, signing
externally (with smartcard) and adding
time stamp as unauthenticated attribute (like ________ ).

When we open the signed document, Adobe reader shows the signature(verified)
but in the details, there is no timestamp
information.

We are hashing the result of sign operation and using it as imprint which is
sent to timestamp server.

>From the internet, we found some example PDF's with timestamp. When we
compare our PDF with these,
there is no observable differences in the PKCS7 structure.

Is there a way to write down to PDF that PDF is timestamped? Why does the
Adobe reader ignore timestamp?
What can be the problem?