I just downloaded the latest and greatest version of iText.

I also purchased the book, "iText in Action" (an exceptionally good book).

The book references methods for cell padding on page 171
(setPaddingLeft, setPaddingRight, setPaddingTop, and setPaddingBottom).
These methods are not in the latest version.  What gives?

Also, it seems that the PdfTable class and the PdfCell class have useful
methods that are protected.  This makes the code annoying to use in a
Struts application.  The JavaDocs provide very little explanation.  Can
anyone provide guidance?

All in all, iText is way cool.

Mike