From: Jianhua Jin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] Launch/Open external non-PDF file
To: "Post all your questions about iText here"
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>, "Leonard Rosenthol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 3:34 PM

Leonard,

I am not sure if I understand your comment. What I am trying to do here is
this: I need to create a PDF file that contains links to some files stored
somewhere in my computer. When i send the PDF file (The FDA), I will package
the PDF file and the external files (lets say in zip). The recipient can then
unzip the package and can view the PDF file with the link to the unzipped files
- I am not asking the PDF file to point to the files on my computer (this is
why I need the relative path, not absolute path)

I know there are tons of other (better) alternatives to PDF in this case, but
PDF is the one I needed.

>From PDF spec or the viewer spec point of viewer, is there a standard on what
>the viewer should do with respect to the 'Launch' action? From what I have
>experienced, Acrobat 7.0 does not have consistent behavior on
 external links - sometimes it launches the application with parameter from the
content in the F word only, but sometimes it gives consider the D word as well,
and can recognize the "." as the current working directory.

By the F and D words I mean the following:

127 0 obj<</Border[0 0 0]/Rect[669.16 447.6 729.14
457.6]/Subtype/Link/C[0 0
1]/A<</S/Launch/Win<</D(.\\docs)/F(dm.xpt)/O(open)>>>>>>
endobj