I seem to remember but can't find the reference right now, that 1.3 is not
supported past Java 1.4..  You should consider updating your iText to
2.1.3

Glen Hamel
Lead Programmer / Technician
Auric Networks Canada, Inc.
570 Orwell Street, Unit 1
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 3V7

Phone 905.361.7621
Fax 905.274.3912
http://www.auricnet.ca

From:
"Boyd, Craig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date:
09/03/2008 01:08 PM
Subject:
[iText-questions] Using iText with Websphere 6.1 and Java 1.5

I'm having problems with iText version 1.3 since upgrading our
application server to Websphere 6.1 and Java 1.5.  Some of my generated
PDF's are no longer being rendered.  I'm hoping someone can help me find
a solution.

Everything works correctly under our old environment with Websphere 5.1
and Java 1.4.2.  We're using browsers IE 7 and IE 6.  The PDF content is
generated via a servlet.  All URLs use an IP address, not a domain name.

Since upgrading Websphere and Java, the PDF output does not render and I
see this error message in IE 7:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.

I see a similar message in IE 6.  The only difference in behavior
between IE 7 and IE 6 is that after getting this error message in IE 6 I
can sometimes press F5 to refresh the page and the PDF content will
render correctly.  The F5 trick does not work in IE 7.  There are no
error messages in the Websphere logs, so no help there.

I'm hoping that someone else has run into this issue and can provide me
with some advice.  I realize that we are on an older version of iText,
but some of the methods we use have been deprecated in iText 2.1.3 and
I'd like to avoid making those required code changes unless I know that
upgrading iText may solve the problem.  At this point I don't know if
the problem is iText, Websphere, Java, or a combination of all three.

Thanks,
Craig

_____________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or
confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do
not disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.
challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world