Yes, it certainly does.  The embedded reader is being done by another
group to which I have submitted a fix, so that has been handled.  The
other problem is that another part of our product is producing PDF through
a reporting tool, which we don't have control over, that is not strictly
PDF compliant, which we would like to fix.  Our short term fix for that is
as I described below.

- Doug -

>Wouldn't it make more sense to improve/fix the embedded Reader?
>
>Leonard
>

>On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Lim, Doug wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I will apologize up-front. I am a complete newbie to iText and PDF
>> files. The problem I am trying to solve is that I have a bunch of
>> PDF files that are incorrectly formed. They can be read and viewed
>> by Adobe Reader 9, but not by our embedded PDF reader. The error in
>> the PDF file can be characterized by an "h" (close subpath) command
>> immediately following an "ET" (end text) command in a stream. Using
>> a commercial PDF editor we can delete all of the "h" commands that
>> immediately follow an "ET" command and our reader can read the
>> documents. The short term solution I am trying to implement is to
>> remove any "h" commands immediately following the "ET" command
>> programmatically. Is iText the right tool for solving this
>> problem? If not can anyone suggest another tool or approach to
>> solving this problem?

Thanks,
Doug
________