First off, I am working in Coldfusion, I believe version MX 7. Here is what I
am trying to accomplish:

I know how to insert an image, set the position and scale the image. What I
would like to do, though is center the image within the imaginary rectangle
that is created by the absolute position and the scaled dimensions.

For example, in this situation:
jpg2.setAbsolutePosition(36, 425);
jpg2.scaleToFit(400, 300);

If I insert an image that is 200px wide x 300px tall, I would want
jpg2.setAbsolutePosition(36, 425); to be adjusted to jpg2.setAbsolutePosition
(136, 425); so the image would be centered within the 400px total width.

I've tried to use the following: jpg2.setAbsolutePosition(36 + (400 -
jpg2.getScaledWidth() / 2), 425 + (300 - jpg2.getScaledWidth() / 2)); but I am
encountering an error - "getScaledWidth method not found". Isn't this method
found in the "com.lowagie.text.Image" java class?

My site is hosted on a shared CF server, so I have no control over installing
files, etc. Is this is a case of needing to contact my host to find a solution,
or is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thank you in advance.