Hi;

The government has a new security standard called FIPS. One of our customers
turned on their implementation of FIPS and with iTextDotNet (not the Java
version) we now get the following - and we do not do any encryption of the PDF.
It runs fine if FIPS is not turned on.

Any ideas - thanks - dave

Exception: Error serializing value 'ExceptionConverter:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com.ms.vjsharp.security.provider.MD5' of type
'com.lowagie.text.ExceptionConverter.'
Inner Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type
'com.lowagie.text.ExceptionConverter' in Assembly 'iText, Version=1.4.1.2,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=82be440d6061a22f' is not marked as
serializable. at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object
 obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context,
SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter,
ObjectWriter objectWriter) at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object
obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context,
SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter,
ObjectWriter objectWriter) at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object
graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck) at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck) at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph) at
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.SerializeValue(SerializerBinaryWriter
writer, Object value)