Hello all.

Maybe you should use the Tools jhat and jmap from your jdk to examine the heap
after your first pdf to check if there exits
referencepathes from root to the memory consuming objects.

If there are such a path, the gc could not free the used memory.

Maybe you have to create WeakReference instead of “hard” object-scope-fields to
give the gc a hint.

Ex:

jmap -dump:format=b,file=heap.bin <pid>

jhat -J-mx512m heap.bin