Hi Howard,

Many thanks for your tips!

I managed to do it, replacing the PdfPTable with a Table object and not using
chunks!

Seems to me that the chunk object is causing this ClassCastException when
converting tables.

Again, many thanks!

Rico

PS: here is how I did it:

Table table = new Table(2);

table.setBorder(Table.NO_BORDER);

table.setWidth(100);

Cell cell;

if(iLeft!= null){

cell = new Cell(iLeft);

} else {

                cell = new Cell(" ");

}

cell.setHorizontalAlignment(PdfPCell.ALIGN_LEFT);

cell.setBorder(Cell.NO_BORDER);

table.addCell(cell);

Paragraph p = new Paragraph(" ");

p.setAlignment(Paragraph.ALIGN_RIGHT);

cell = new Cell(p);

if(iRight!=null) {

                cell.addElement(iRight);

}

cell.setHorizontalAlignment(PdfPCell.ALIGN_RIGHT);

cell.setBorder(Cell.NO_BORDER);

table.addCell(cell);

RtfHeaderFooter headerFooter = new RtfHeaderFooter(table);

writer.setHeader(headerFooter);