From: vinay789 [mailto:vina...@rediffmail.com]
Sent: quinta-feira, 18 de Junho de 2009 07:03
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] how to convert my jsp output as pdf through
itext

You only can parse JSP as a HTML output!
So you have to save the jsp output let's say, to a byte array in memory or a
string orbject or maybe into database!
And then you can use HTMLWorker object to parse that HTML snippet and
produce the PDF!

Here is an example:
        String html = <p>Who is your daddy?</p>
        InputStream s = new ByteArrayInputStream(html.getBytes());
        List<Element> footer = HTMLWorker.parseToList(new
InputStreamReader(s), new StyleSheet());
        if(footer.size()>0) {
                elements.addAll(footer);
        }

        //Add parsed template
        if (elements.size() > 0) {
            for (Element e : elements)
                document.add(e);
        }

Hope it will be helpfull!

Br
Rico

Hi
Thankyou Rico for ur response i am little bit confused with ur explanation
how to parse jsp as a Html output ok now i am sending my jsp page and i want
this page to be converted as pdf using itext

<%@ page language="java" import="java.util.*" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ page language = "java" contentType = "text/html" %>
<%...@page import="com.sellspace.util.DatabaseConnection,java.sql.*" %>
<%
String path = request.getContextPath();
String basePath =
request.getScheme()+"://"+request.getServerName()+":"+request.getServerPort(
)+path+"/";

%>

  <%
  String user="";
  try{
  user=session.getAttribute("loginuser").toString();
  }catch(Exception e){
   user=null;
  }
%>

<%if(user==null){
out.println("please login first");
}else{%>
logout.jsp Logout &nbsp; &nbsp;

"fieldcell">Url</th></tr>

        <% String query=("select siteid,url from dbo.siteownerdetails where
uname='"+user+"' ");

                  try
                                {
          java.sql.Connection con = DatabaseConnection.getConnection();
                  Statement st = con.createStatement();
                  ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery(query);

while(rs.next())
{

String siteid=rs.getString(1);
String url=rs.getString(2);

%>
<%
}
}catch(Exception e)
{
        e.printStackTrace();
}
}%>

pls help me how convert this jsp page as pdf using urs itext.I am waiting
for ur reply Thanx in advance.