I see many instances in the archives of what appears to me to be the same
confusion.  While I certainly don't know how to eliminate it, I'll say a few
words of my own:A.  iText is a well-managed Java project, with all that
implies.  All the questions about the host--32-bit, 64-bit,
64-bit-running-32-bit--are really about Java, and not iText.
B.  iText is a well-managed Java project to the extent that it has quite a
nice test/ tree.  Folks with questions can quickly download all sources,
generate, and exercise the tests themselves.
C.  Requests for "official link" or "work perfectly" make me wonder whether
the questioner is simply parroting something he's been asked by a manager.
 This raises all sorts of issues about how one explains Open Source to
decision-makers; these, also, have little content to them specific to iText.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM, mister bean <abinst...@pacificdataworks.com