For what it's worth, I've been able to create some pretty good content based
unit tests using the parser...  I have a filtering parser that I've put
together (haven't committed it yet) that allows you to specify a region of
the page to extract text from.  This makes it pretty easy to determine if
text was placed in the correct location.

It won't work for everything, of course, but for functionality related to
layout, etc... this may be useful.

Cheers,

- K