> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:56:45 +0100
> From: i...@1t3xt.info
> To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [iText-questions] Writing to ServletOutputStream
>
> Sebastian Furth wrote:
>> Something happens during the request because it returns a pdf in the
>> dimension set in the code - but there is absolutely no content (blank).
>
> Sounds like the "blank page" problem described in the book (1st and 2nd
> edition). This happens if you "shave" the upper bit from every byte. The
> PDF structure is preserved, and as a result a viewer can show you all
> the pages of the PDF, the bookmarks, etc... But all binary data, for
> instance the page content stream, is made corrupt (of course: you've
> thrown away 1/8 of the information).
>
> If that's what's happening in your case, you have a configuration error
> somewhere.

cygwin has an octal dump utility(od iirc) , first few lines of output would at
least
let you know if that is the problem. Offhand I don't know who would assume
you have text but again you'd have to think a wrong content type somewhere.
ByteArray of course is supposed to be just that, no text assumption but
if someone manipulates those there could be sign issues, all kinds of things
could happen. I just made a funny post on cygwin-talk list about
that bit being used for parity only LOL.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/