Ovidiu Lazar wrote:
> Right, but that just returns 790, which is how much is set by default.
> But suppose the whole column is not filled, can I find out how much of
> it is occupied by text?

I don't understand your question.
If I run this example:
http://1t3xt.info/examples/browse/?page=example&id=120

The following information is written to the System.out:
Lines written:9 Y-position: 806.0 - 644.0
Lines written:6 Y-position: 644.0 - 536.0
Lines written:11 Y-position: 536.0 - 338.0
Lines written:14 Y-position: 338.0 - 86.0
Lines written:2 Y-position: 86.0 - 50.0

This is one of the examples for the 1st edition of iText in Action,
and it deals with getting control over what happens in ColumnText
as described in the book.

Are you saying that this example always returns the same Y and
the same number of lines (zero)???

You are confusing me.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA