Hi,

Using the last iTextSharp library (5.0.2), I have an issue and didn’t find
on the web how to manage with this.

What I want to do :

- Create a pdf based on HTML

- Sign the pdf

The objective would be to create the whole .pdf before having to write it on
the hard disk.

 When I’m trying to use my “Stream” to create a new PdfReader, I get the
following error :
An unhandled exception of type
'iTextSharp.text.exceptions.InvalidPdfException' occurred in itextsharp.dll
Additional information: PDF header signature not found.

My code :

            Document doc = new Document(PageSize.A4);

            PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.GetInstance(doc, new FileStream(
Environment.CurrentDirectory + "\\testPdfCreation.pdf", FileMode.Create));

            doc.Open();

            string strURL = Environment.CurrentDirectory + "\\test.html";

            Uri uri = new Uri(strURL);

            FileWebRequest req = (FileWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri);

            WebResponse resp = req.GetResponse();

            Stream stream = resp.GetResponseStream();

            StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(stream);

            string html = sr.ReadToEnd();

            List<iTextSharp.text.IElement> lt =
iTextSharp.text.html.simpleparser.HTMLWorker.ParseToList(new
StringReader(html),
null);

            ColumnText ct = new ColumnText(writer.DirectContent);

            ct.SetSimpleColumn(50, 50, PageSize.A4.Width - 50,
PageSize.A4.Height
- 50);

            for (int k = 0; k < lt.Count; ++k)

                ct.AddElement((IElement)lt[k]);

            ct.Go();

            doc.Close();

            //--------------------

//!\ ERROR

            PdfReader reader = new PdfReader(stream); //Same error:
PdfReader reader = new PdfReader(sr.BaseStream)

(…)

I tried many things but no evolution… I read on the net that we have to
close the document before being able to create a Pdfreader, but nothing
works for the moment.

Thanks in advance if you could help me.

Best regards, leparachute.